EV Home Charger Installation Albuquerque
EV Home Charger Installation
Electric vehicles are truly the wave of the future, attracting eco-conscious consumers eager to reduce their carbon footprint and trips to the pump! Companies like Tesla, Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt are revolutionizing the auto industry with well-built, long-range electric cars. As of now, you can find many other leading brands offering their own electric cars to the market.
Buying an electric vehicle is a big decision made even bigger by one key factor – charging. While you’ll skip the gas station, you’ll still need to power up the battery. Many EV owners install chargers at home, but this requires a licensed, experienced electrician. However, it is worth to go ahead with the decision of getting an electric car charger installed. It is one of the best investments that you can do to your future.
Installing a Home EV Charger
If parking in your garage, you’ll want an outlet nearby to charge overnight. Attempting this yourself is not advised since electrical work requires a licensed, bonded electrician to ensure proper, safe installation. They can also inspect wiring, potentially replacing inadequate lines depending on home age and other factors. If you are a person who is traveling on a daily basis, this is the most convenient option available to consider. You just need to charge the battery of your electric car overnight, and you will be able to drive with peace of mind in the morning.
For EVs, there are three charger levels:
- Level 1: No installation, uses a normal 3-prong outlet. Very slow, taking over 20 hours to fully charge. Included standard with most EVs.
- Level 2: Needs professional installation by an electrician. Uses 240V circuitry to charge in around 3 hours. Now provided by many automakers.
- Level 3: Found at public stations. Extremely fast, adding 150+ miles of range. Not available for homes due to massive power needs.
Hiring an Electrician for Installation
Many EV owners upgrade to Level 2 for fast, convenient charging. Cost factors include location, cord length and amperage. An electrician is highly recommended, so choose one able to fully activate your EV.
Here’s what to look for in a qualified electrician:
- Offers electrical and specific EV chargers
- Complete site inspection
- Reviews and upgrades electrical system if needed
- Professional installation (licensed and insured)
- Complies with codes and permit requirements
- Tests equipment to ensure functionality
- Your Local Electric Company Can Help
Get in touch with us for your electric vehicle charger installation needs
If you are looking forward to getting a new EV charger installed, feel free to get in touch with us. Our experts are more than happy to help you with getting a reliable and hassle-free charger installed. The services we offer are available to anyone across Albuquerque, NM.
We have completed hundreds of commercial and residential electrical projects, always emphasizing customer satisfaction. As a diverse team, we encourage inclusion in the construction industry. For safe, proper installation of an EV charger, contact our experts today. We’ll inspect your home’s electrical system, recommend the ideal charger, obtain permits, and handle the entire process efficiently. Get your EV powered up quickly with our electrical services.