Air Conditioning Services
When you need air conditioning installation services or repairs immediately, Day and Night Plumbing is the local Albuquerque plumber you need to call. Our team of HVAC-certified AC experts are 100% focused and driven to make sure you stay nice and cool in your home or business.
We provide a full suite of air conditioning services and products, such as:
- Air conditioning repair and maintenance, following our complete multi-point AC tune-up checklist
- Duct Sealing
- Ductless Cooling
- Ductless Split Installation
- Commercial HVAC
- Air Purifiers
- Zone Control Systems
- And much more!
Day and Night Plumbing’s air conditioning services come backed with our 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty.
Got air conditioning questions? We have the answers! Please give us a call with any air conditioning repair, maintenance, or installation questions.
Day and Night Plumbing can convert your evaporative cooler (also known as a “swamp cooler”) to an air conditioning system (also known as “refrigerated air”). Albuquerque summers are seemingly hotter than ever, so it makes sense to make the switch from an evaporative cooler to an air conditioning system.
Evaporative coolers can be a hassle, as they often:
- Leak water from various points of the unit
- The water line to the unit can go bad (and often does)
- An evaporative cooler can only cool your home 15-20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below the outside temperature (and that’s assuming the unit is operating at its highest efficiency)
When your home is not cool the way you want it to be, and your evaporative cooler is nickel-and-diming you with continued hassles and expenses, it’s time to upgrade to a new air conditioning system.
Did you know rebates are available through PNM to help reduce the cost for residential customers to purchase and install certain energy-efficient cooling equipment in their homes? Day and Night Plumbing can assist you in determining the right high efficiency heating unit that will meet your needs and qualify for one of the rebates offered by PNM.
Got AC conversion questions? We have the answers! Please give us a call with any AC conversion-related questions.
Evaporative Coolers (also known as “Swamp Coolers”)
Evaporative coolers are an energy-efficient way of cooling your home. Generally, it is considered the most affordable cooling choice, as opposed to a refrigerated air conditioning system. Many home buyers who are not from New Mexico do not know what an evaporative cooler is or what the differences are when comparing it to a refrigerated air conditioning system.
How an Evaporative Cooler (“Swamp Cooler”) works:
- An evaporative cooler is a large steel box containing a motor and a turbine. The motor is used to turn the turbine and draw air into the unit.
- An evaporative cooler works by drawing exterior air into the unit through pads soaked with water.
- The air is cooled through evaporation (hence the name “evaporative cooler”), and the cooled air is then forced into the property.
Evaporative coolers work well in dryer climates, like Albuquerque, New Mexico. They are easy to fix, easy to install and have lower operating costs than traditional refrigerated air conditioning systems because they use less electricity.
We highly recommend considering a High-Efficiency Evaporative Cooler, if you don’t already have one. Rebates are available through the PNM Cooling Program to help reduce the cost for residential customers to purchase and install certain energy-efficient cooling equipment in their homes. Day and Night Plumbing can assist you in determining the right high-efficiency cooling unit that will meet your needs and qualify for one of the rebates offered by PNM.
Got evaporative cooler (“swamp cooler”) questions? We have the answers! Please give us a call with any evaporative cooler questions.