Are you looking forward to cutting down your Albuquerque energy bills? Then you need to think about replacing your traditional water heater into a new tankless water heater in Albuquerque. A tankless water heater can offer numerous benefits to you, while helping you to save money on energy bills. Continu to read and we will be sharing more details on what it is like to switch to a tankless water heater.
The benefits of getting a tankless water heater
- A tankless water heater will make sure that you receive a continuous supply of water at all times.
- The tankless water heaters are small in size. Therefore, you can easily install it under the cabinet or within a closet. By pairing a tankless water heater unit with an anti-freeze kit, you may install it outdoors as well.
- It will remove the risk of flooding that can happen due to a ruptured tank.
- The tankless water heaters consume less energy. You just need to power them up to heat water as needed.
- The tankless water heaters are highly efficient. They are not subjected to standby loss of heat. This can be beneficial if you are a person who doesn’t spend time in home most of the time.
- The tankless water heaters may make you eligible for a federal tax rebate. This is where you can get a discount up to $300 during installation.
- You will be able to save up to 34% of money from your energy bills when using a tankless water heater.
- You can expect the tankless water heater to last longer when compared to an ordinary water heater. A traditional water heater will last around 8 to 12 years, but a tankless water heater can last for over 20 years.
The drawbacks of getting a tankless water heater
- You will have to spend a considerable amount of money at the beginning to get your tankless water heater.
- The installation process of a tankless water heater is more expensive. When you are installing it for the very first time, you will have to spend on new gas lines. Moreover, you will also need to spend on dedicated electrical circuits and venting.
- You will have to wait for a couple of minutes to get water to heat up to the desired temperature. When you turn the faucet on and off regularly, you will end up with busts of both hot and cold water.
- The tankless water heater may fail when you have multiple hot water fixtures at home. For example, when someone is using hot water for bathing, you will not be able to get hot water to do the dishes.
- You will not be able to get lukewarm water from tankless water heater as it requires a minimal flow rate.
- You will need to pay attention to regular flushing to minimize the buildup of waste within the tankless water heater. Such regular maintenance will extend the lifetime of your heater.
- You will rarely deal with spills and leaks.
- The tankless water heater will have to work harder during colder months of the year.
Should I consider getting a tankless water heater?
It is important for you to check the pros and cons of both these options before investing your money to get a tankless water heater. For example, you will need to take a look at the current energy consumption and see how much energy you can save after switching to a tankless water heater. Likewise, you will also need to pay attention to your specific needs and settle down with the right type of water heater.
The energy saving you can experience out of a tankless water heater would depend on the amount of water that you use. If you are using around 40 gallons of water per day, you can expect to receive around 25% to 35% energy savings. But if you are using around 80 gallons per day, you will be saving around 10% to 15% of money. You should also consider how long you will be staying at your home before you get a new tankless water heater.
How do I get a new tankless water heater?
You need to get in touch with the pros at Day & Night Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, a certified professional tankless water heater installation expert. That’s because you will need to install new gas lines and special wiring. An expert Albuquerque tankless water heater installer like Day & Night plumbing, can help you to manage the installation and experience all benefits that come on your way.